Zoloft is one of Pfizer's most profitable drug that treats depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic attacks, and social anxiety, yet it is associated with an escalated chance of serious birth defects. If you know an infant suffering from birth defects after the mother took Zoloft during pregnancy, the lawyers at Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold, McCartney & Giuffra LLP are here to help you explore your legal options.
Contact us today online or by telephone at 888-335-9457 to speak with a knowledgeable New York pharmaceutical litigation law firm.
At Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold, McCartney & Giuffra LLP, we have been helping people from New York and across the nation with their most critical legal problems for over 30 years. We are handling a wide range of drug liability claims, including those involving the prescription drugs which are implicated with birth defects.
A 2007 study by the New England Journal of Medicine found a significant connection between Zoloft and septal defects in the heart. That same study discovered that taking Zoloft in particular raised the risk of omphalocele, a defect affecting the abdominal wall, six fold. Other birth defects resulting from a hopeful mother's use of Zoloft include:
- Atrial septal defect (hole in the wall of heart chambers)
- Tetralogy of Fallot (combination of four defects within the hearts' arteries, ventricle, and aorta)
- Transposition of the great arteries (displacement of major vessels in heart)
- Hypoplastic Right Heart Syndrome (right side of heart hasn't developed)
- Hypoplastic Left Heat Syndrome (left side of heart hasn't developed)
- Omphalocele (protrusion of part of the intestine through the abdominal wall)
Our attorneys will work with you personally to determine the extent of the monetary damage this drug has caused you, and what legal remedies are at your disposal. Our goal is to help you obtain monetary compensation for the financial hardships you face.
Contact Us for a Case Evaluation
Has someone close to you been harmed by Zoloft? Please contact us today online or by telephone at 888-335-9457 to speak with an experienced New York dangerous drug liability law firm. Our law office is conveniently located in a brownstone in Midtown Manhattan located at 113 East 37th Street.