New York Aredia Lawyers
Handling Zometa and Aredia Claims for Clients Across New York State
Zometa and Aredia are drugs manufactured by the drug company Novartis and are used in the treatment of cancer. The can be administered alone, together or as part of chemotherapy.
For knowledgeable legal help in New York regarding Zometa and Aredia injuries contact the lawyers Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold, McCartney & Giuffra LLP at 888-335-9457.
Though Zometa and Aredia are reputed to be effective as anti-cancer medications, they also cause damage to bones in some instances. Specifically, both contain a compound called bisphosphonate that weakens bones. Though bisphosphonates can occasionally damage bones throughout a victim's body, damage most often manifests as:
- A fractured femur/hip bone
- Damage to the jaw bone (often referred to as osteonecrosis of the jaw [ONJ]). Jaw injuries can include a broken jaw, a broken jaw that won't heal and the loss of teeth.
Defendant liability in Zometa and Aredia cases can be challenging because the drugs are often used to save lives. Nonetheless, Zometa and Aredia injury and medical malpractice cases have been resolved successfully when medical care providers fail to warn of the potential adverse affects of the drugs or when the drug is over-prescribed or prescribed without cause.
If a doctor has prescribed Zometa or Aredia to you or a loved one resulting in bone injuries, contact the New York medical malpractice law firm of Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold, McCartney & Giuffra LLP. Our attorney team:
- Has reviewed many dozens of cases involving Zometa, Aredia and Fosamax (which also contains bisphosphonate)
- Includes medical malpractice lawyers who are leaders in numerous state, city and national medical malpractice and trial organizations
- Have authored numerous medical malpractice-related articles and lecture frequently regarding medical malpractice
We can meet with you at no-charge to discuss your concerns following possible Zometa- and Aredia-related bone injuries and provide experienced legal representation.
Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold, McCartney & Giuffra LLP offers free initial consultations, works on a contingency fee basis and is conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan. To contact an Aredia and Zometa lawyer in New York, call 888-335-9457.