Bard Avaulta Transvaginal Mesh Attorneys New York City
The Bard's Avaulta Transvaginal Mesh is a medical device designed to aid people who are recovering from Transvaginal Pelvice Organ Prolapse (POP) surgery and Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) surgery. Defects, however, have caused patients to suffer infections, internal organ damage and other serious complications including vaginal wall erosion and mesh contraction which can twist internal organs causing tremendous amounts of pain and discomfort.
The FDA has issued a statement saying, "serious complications associated with surgical mesh for transvaginal repair of POP are not rare."
If you or someone close to you has suffered due to the implantation of this device, the experienced medical device recall attorneys at Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold, McCartney & Giuffra LLP are here to stand up for your rights. If you would prefer to speak with a female attorney, please ask for Sherri Plotkin who is a partner.
Contact us today online or by telephone at 888-335-9457 to speak with a knowledgeable New York product liability lawyer.
At Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold, McCartney & Giuffra LLP, we help people who have been injured by faulty medical devices, including the Avaulta Mesh Patch.
Problems Associated with Bard's Avaulta Mesh
Implantation of Avaulta Mesh has been linked the following problems:
- Mesh erosion is the most common problem associated with transvaginal repair of Pelvis Organ Proplapse and Stress Urinary Incontinence surgeries. Surgeries are often used to treat this side effect but do not solve the problem.
- The Avaulta Mesh can erode internal organ walls or weaken them which can lead to hernias and problems that the mesh was designed to treat.
- Wall erosion often turns into infection resulting in serious complications.
- Sexual partners may experience painful side effects during intercourse as a result of the medical device protruding through teh vaginal walls.
- Mesh Contraction, which our firm has seen frequently in the Kugel Mesh litigation, has recently been associated with Bard's Avaulta Transvaginal Mesh and can lead to vaginal shortening, tightening and immense amounts of discomfort and pain.
Other Problems and Symptoms
- Transvaginal repair to support the top of the vagina (apical repair) or the back wall of the vagina (posterior repair) with mesh may not provide any added benefit compared to surgery without mesh, and could have many possible side effects that traditional surgery does not have.
- While transvaginal surgical repair may provide an anatomic benefit compared to traditional POP repair without mesh, this anatomic benefit may not result in better symptomatic results.
- Scar tissue formation can often be painful and debilitating, like with other mesh litigation Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold, McCartney & Giuffra LLP have handled. .
- Pelvic pain, development of urinary retention and urinary incontinence, dyspareunia, neuropathic pain, fistulas and recurrence of prolapsed organs have all been reported by Transvaginal Mesh patients including those with Bard's Avaulta. These complications significantly decrease the quality of life many patients once enjoyed.
The complications associated with the use of surgical mesh for POP repair have not been linked to a single brand of mesh, and all including Bard's Avaulta are coming under increased scrutiny by the FDA.
Our attorneys have successfully handled numerous faulty medical device lawsuits and have won many verdicts and settlements for people who have suffered. We offer our clients personal, attentive and individualized service from a skilled team of attorneys.
Contact Us for a Case Evaluation
Have you or someone close to you been harmed by a Bard Avaulta Transvaginal Mesh? Please contact us today online or by telephone at 888-335-9457 to speak with an experienced New York patch recall lawyer. Our law office is conveniently located in a brownstone in Midtown Manhattan located at 113 East 37th Street.
For more information, please visit our drugs and medical devices information center.