Transvaginal Mesh Attorneys New York
Transvaginal Mesh is a medical device designed to aid people who are recovering from Transvaginal Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) surgery and Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) surgery. Defects, however, have caused patients to suffer infections, internal organ damage and other serious complications including vaginal wall erosion and mesh contraction which can twist internal organs causing tremendous amounts of pain and discomfort.
The FDA has issued a statement saying, " serious complications associated with surgical mesh for transvaginal repair of POP are not rare. "
If you or someone close to you has suffered due to the implantation of this device, the experienced medical device recall attorneys at Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold, McCartney & Giuffra LLP are here to stand up for your rights. If you would prefer to speak with a female attorney, please ask for Sherri Plotkin who is a partner.
Contact us today online or by telephone at 888-335-9457 to speak with a knowledgeable New York product liability lawyer.
At Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold, McCartney & Giuffra LLP, we help people who have been injured by faulty medical devices, including the Transvaginal Mesh.
Problems Associated with Transvaginal Mesh
Implantation of this device has been linked the following problems:
- Mesh erosion is the most common problem associated with transvaginal repair of POP and SUI surgeries. Multiple painful surgeries are often required and don't always solve the problem.
- The mesh can erode into the vagina, bladder, intestines and uterus.
- Wall erosion can lead to infection, which can lead to serious complications and even death.
- Men may experience irritation and pain during sex when the exposed mesh contacts his penis after vaginal wall erosion.
- Mesh Contraction has recently been associated with Transvaginal Mesh which can lead to vaginal shortening, tightening and immense amounts of discomfort and pain.
Other Problems and Symptoms
- Scar tissue formation can often be painful and debilitating. Unfortunately this often does not go away and can lead to a permanent disability and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Pelvic pain, development of urinary retention and urinary incontinence, dyspareunia, neuropathic pain, fistulas and recurrence of prolapsed organs have all been reported by Transvaginal Mesh patients. These complications significantly decrease the quality of life many patients once enjoyed.
- There is no evidence that transvaginal repair to support the top of the vagina (apical repair) or the back wall of the vagina (posterior repair) with mesh provides any added benefit compared to traditional surgery without mesh.
- While transvaginal surgical repair to correct weakened tissue between the bladder and vagina (anterior repair) with mesh augmentation may provide an anatomic benefit compared to traditional POP repair without mesh, this anatomic benefit may not result in better symptomatic results.
The complications associated with the use of surgical mesh for POP repair have not been linked to a single brand of mesh, and all are coming under increased scrutiny by the FDA.
Manufacturers of Transvaginal Mesh
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
List of Suspected Tranvsaginal Mesh
Below is a list of popular mesh used for prolapsed organs and for stress urinary incontinence. None of these mesh models got full pre-market approval yet were allowed to be used freely by surgeons. While some models had warnings that a woman could suffer from "typical mesh injuries," the warnings were with regard to hernia complications where this mesh was originally used. The warnings did not include details about the severity of permanent injuries, such as inability to explant the mesh or the loss of otherwise healthy tissue in order to remove infected mesh.
American Medical Systems (owned by Endo Pharmaceuticals)
- Apogee Pelvic Floor Repair System
- Apogee Systems with PC Coated IntePro Lite
- Apogee Vault Suspension System
- BioArc SP Sling System
- BioArc TO Subfascial Hammock
- Elevate Anterior & Posterior Prolapse Repair System
- Elevate with InteXen LP Prolapse Repair System
- In-Fast Ultra Transvaginal Sling
- IVS Tunneller
- Large Pore Polypropylene Mesh
- MiniArc Precise Single-Incision Sling
- Monarc Sling System
- Monarc Subfascial Hammock
- Perigee Pelvic Floor Repair System
- Perigee Systems with PC Coated IntePro Lite
- Perigree Vault Suspension System
- SPARC (SUI only)
- Sparc Self-Fixating Sling System
- Advantage Fit
- Advantage Sling System
- Lynx Suprapubic Mid-Urethral Sling System
- Obtryx Curved Single
- Obtryx Mesh Sling
- Pinnacle Pelvic Floor Repair Kit
- Pinnacle Pelvic Floor Repair Kit II
- Polyform Synthetic Mesh
- Prefyx Mid U Mesh Sling System
- Prefyx PPS System
- IVS Tunneler Intra-Vaginal Sling
- IVS Tunneler Placement Device
- Parietene Polypropylene Mesh
- Surgipro Polyproylene Surgical Mesh
- Avaulta Plus BioSynthetic Support System
- Avaulta Solo Support System
- Avaulta Solo Synthetic Support System
- BioSynthetic Support System
- CollaMend Implant
- Faslata Allograft
- Pelvicol Tissue
- PelviSoft Biomesh
- Pelvitex Polypropylene Mesh
- Pelvitex Propylene Mesh
- UGYTEX Dual Knit Mesh
- Prolene Polypropylene Mesh Patch Secur
- UltraPro Mesh
- Gynemesh Prolene Mesh
- Gynemesh Prolift Mesh
- Gynemesh PS
- Gynemesh PS Prolene Soft Mesh
- Prolene Polypropylene Mesh
- Prolift+M Total, Anterior, and Posterior Pelvic Floor Repair Systems
- Prolift Total, Anterior, and Posterior Pelvic Floor Repair Systems
- TVT Abbrevo
- TVT Exact
- TVT Obturator
- TVT Retropubic System
- TVT Secur
- TVT Sling
Johnson & Johnson
- All Ethicon patches
- All Gynecare patches
Sofradim (acquired by Covidien; formerly named Floréanne)
- Pelvetex Polypropylene Mesh Patch
- Uretex Pubovaginal Sling
- Uretex Pubovaginal Support Kit
- Uretex TO
- Uretex TO Avaulta BioSynthetic System
- Uretex TOO2
- Uretex TOO3
- IVS Tunneller
Our attorneys will work with you personally to determine how this product has impacted your life and what legal remedies are at your disposal. We have been serving the legal needs of people from New York and across the nation for over 30 years. We understand the hardships you are facing and are prepared to help.
Contact Us for a Case Evaluation
Have you or someone close to you been harmed by a Transvaginal Mesh? Please contact us today online or by telephone at 888-335-9457 to speak with an experienced New York patch recall lawyer. Our law office is conveniently located in a brownstone in Midtown Manhattan located at 113 East 37th Street.
For more information, please visit our drugs and medical devices information center.