Reglan Side Effects Medical Malpractice in New York
Focused on Successful Results for Almost 40 Years
Reglan, also known as metoclopramide, is used to treat gastroesophageal disorders. Unfortunately, use beyond three months can result in severe and permanent side effects.
Medical professionals must educate themselves about the proper use and dangerous side effects of drugs they prescribe. Drug companies and the FDA will often strengthen warnings. With regard to Reglan, which is manufactured by many generic drug companies, warnings in 2009 were strengthened to call attention to Tardive Dyskinesia, other muscle disorders, and to clearly state the length that this drug should be prescribed.
Doctors have often continued old prescribing habits by using high doses for extended periods, well beyond twelve weeks. Common medical issues, such as GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) can be treated long-term by much safer drugs than metoclopramide. Symptoms of tardive dyskinesia, dystonia, Parkinson's-like disease, and other muscle disorders are first noticed as:
- Lip smacking, chewing, or puckering up your mouth
- Frowning or scowling
- Sticking out your tongue
- Blinking and moving your eyes
- Shaking of your arms and legs
These symptoms may actually be masked by the Reglan. When the medication is finally stopped, the symptoms dramatically increase.
At the New York City personal injury law firm of Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold & Giuffra LLP we are highly qualified for and experienced in handling medication medical malpractice claims. We have special knowledge with Reglan as we also have litigation against the manufacturers directly.
Contact us today online or by telephone at 888-335-9457 to speak with an experienced New York medical malpractice law firm.
Why Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold & Giuffra LLP?
Like many law firms our firm practices in the general area of personal injury but, unlike many firms, has a long-standing focus on medical malpractice law, as well as prescription drug liability claims. Often times there is a significant amount of crossover between these cases, and it's important to have an attorney experienced in both areas to protect your rights, and get you needed compensation. Our credentials and involvements include:
- Hundreds of medical malpractice cases handled.
- Thousands of product liability cases handled.
- Dozens of seven-figure settlement and jury awards in medical malpractice cases, including $9 million, $7.5 million, $6.4 and $4.1 million awards
- Regularly have $100 million dollar settlements for nationwide product liability litigations.
Additionally, our lawyer team is firmly committed to the area of medical malpractice. Our team includes authors and lecturers regarding medical malpractice and an attorney included on the New York medical malpractice Super Lawyer list. Also, our team includes attorneys who have served or currently serve in the capacities of:
- Member of the national steering committee in the NuvaRing litigation
- National officer of the American Association for Justice
- Chairman of the Medical Malpractice Committee of the New York State Bar Association
- Chair of the Medical Malpractice Committee of the Bar Association for the City of New York
For a no-charge discussion of your potential medication error claim with a New York medication errors lawyer, contact our firm.
If you face a medical malpractice legal problem in New York, contact our firm. We offer free initial consultations, work on a contingency fee basis and are conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan. To contact a New York medication errors lawyer, call 888-335-9457.