Medical Malpractice and Prescription Error Attorneys in New York City
Medical professionals have always faced a challenge in consistently prescribing and dispensing the correct medications in the correct amount. Now, with shorter patient visits and a smaller medical staff, fewer people are responsible for providing drugs in less time. The result? An increased risk of injuries and wrongful death through medication errors.
Focused on Successful Results for Almost 40 Years
At the New York City personal injury law firm of Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold, McCartney & Giuffra LLP we are highly qualified for and experienced in handling medication error legal claims. We have handled dozens of drug error claims, including claims resulting from:
- The dispensing of an incorrect drug that has a name similar to the correct one
- The misplacing of a decimal point (so that, for instance, a patient receives 12 grams of a drug instead of 1.2 grams)
- A doctor's poor handwriting
- Pharmacists' carelessness
- The incorrect transcription or interpretation of prescription information
- Any mistake or careless negligence that leads to a dangerous overdose of medication
- The prescribing of a drug that has a known interaction with another drug the patient is taking
Contact our New York medical malpractice law firm today online or by telephone at 888-335-9457 to speak with an experienced attorney.
Why Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold, McCartney & Giuffra LLP?
Our law firm practices in the general area of personal injury but, unlike many firms, we have long-standing focus on medical malpractice law. Our credentials and involvements include:
- Hundreds of medical malpractice cases handled
- Dozens of seven-figure settlement and jury awards in medical malpractice cases, including $9 million, $7.5 million, $6.4 and $4.1 million awards
Additionally, our New York medication error attorneys are firmly committed to the area of medical malpractice. Our team includes authors and lecturers regarding medical malpractice and an attorney included on the New York medical malpractice Super Lawyers list. Also, our team includes attorneys who have served or currently serve in the capacities of:
- Member of the national steering committee in the NuvaRing litigation
- National officer of the American Association for Justice
- Chairman of the Medical Malpractice Committee of the New York State Bar Association
- Chair of the Medical Malpractice Committee of the Bar Association for the City of New York
For a no-charge discussion of your potential medication error claim with a New York medication errors lawyer, contact our firm.
Contact Our Medical Malpractice Firm
If you face a medical malpractice legal problem in New York, contact our firm. We offer free initial consultations, work on a contingency fee basis and are conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan. To contact a New York medication errors lawyer, call 888-335-9457.