Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys in New York City
Traumatic brain injury represents one of the leading causes of serious injury and death in the United States. Experts estimate that as many as five million Americans are currently living with the condition, which is responsible for as many as 50,000 deaths a year. Traumatic brain injury is often caused by auto accidents, slip and falls, and gunshot wounds. The effects—physical, financial, and emotional—are almost always devastating.
If you or a loved one has suffered traumatic brain injury in an accident, a qualified New York brain injury lawyer may be able to help you recover compensation for your losses. Please contact Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold, McCartney & Giuffra LLP today for a complimentary case evaluation with a skilled and proven personal injury attorney who can inform you of your legal rights and ensure they are protected.
Contact us today online or by telephone at 888-335-9457 to speak with an experienced New York personal injury law firm.
Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic brain injury occurs as a result of sudden, physical trauma to the head. While not all cases of traumatic brain injury are permanent or fatal, many result in lifelong disability and some even lead to death.
Medical experts categorize traumatic brain injuries in the following ways:
- Closed—A brain injury which involves the tearing and bruising of tissues and blood vessels but no broken bones in the skull. Individuals involved in car accidents and slip and falls often suffer this type of traumatic brain injury.
- Penetrating—Also called open brain injury, this type of injury is characterized by a break in the skull bone. Gunshot victims usually suffer penetrating brain injuries.
- Diffuse Axonal—This type of brain injury occurs when several areas of the brain suffer damage, such as tearing, to the nerve fibers. Comas are common with this type of traumatic brain injury.
- Primary—A brain injury that is considered non-progressive and complete at the time of impact.
- Secondary—A progressive brain injury that changes over time.
How We Can Help
If you or someone you love has suffered a traumatic brain injury because of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing, you may be entitled to seek compensation through a personal injury lawsuit to help cover the cost of medical bills and other monetary and emotional losses.
At Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold, McCartney & Giuffra LLP, our attorneys have a wealth of experience handling complex traumatic brain injury cases and have helped numerous clients get the justice and compensation they deserve. We can help you too. Please contact today for a FREE consultation with one of our caring and experienced personal injury attorneys.