Defective Products Lawyers in New York City
At Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold, McCartney & Giuffra LLP, we represent people who have been injured by dangerous and defective products. Our New York product liability attorneys have extensive experience handling complex personal injury and product liability claims. If you have been injured by a dangerous drug, defective medical device, or any other dangerous product, we are here to stand up for your rights.
Contact us today online or by telephone at 888-335-9457 to speak with a knowledgeable New York product liability law firm.
Have You Been Injured by a Dangerous Product?
At Rheingold, Valet, Rheingold, McCartney & Giuffra LLP, we have been serving the legal needs of people from New York and across the nation for over 30 years. We handle a wide range of cases involving serious injury and wrongful death. We have a long track record of successful results, winning settlements and jury awards for people who have been injured or lost loved ones due to a dangerous and defective product.
The scope of our practice includes:
- Drug liability: We handle a wide range of drug liability torts, including mass torts involving NuvaRing and Fosamax.
- Dangerous medical devices: We have successfully handled mass tort claims involving a number of defective medical devices, including Kugel Mesh and Medtronic Sprint Fidelis Leads.
- Auto products liability: We have extensive experience handling product liability suits involving defective tires and air bags, as well as other faulty auto components.
- General product liability: Our firm represents people who have suffered or lost loved ones due to fires caused by home heaters and defective and flammable clothing as well as faulty bicycle frames.
Fires In Homes And Premises
A poorly constructed or inadequately installed home heater is a serious fire hazard.
There are many ways in which a defective home heating device can cause a fire. We handle a wide range of home heater fire claims, including those involving:
- Portable heaters
- Permanent heaters
- Improper heater design
- Improper heater installation
- Heaters that short out
- Heaters that start fabrics on fire
Defective stoves and other household appliances also have the destructive power to shatter and end innocent lives.
Improper product design is one way in which a product can lead to serious injury or death. A stove may not radiate heat properly or an electrical appliance may not be wired correctly, leading to risk of electrical shock. Improper warnings and instructions can also lead to serious, often fatal accidents.
Some clothes are treated with chemicals, making them more flammable than required by law. Certain types of sheer and lightweight fabrics are also known to catch fire easily. Many times the fabric does not even have to come into contact with the flame to cause a burn injury. Some types of synthetic fabrics melt at high temperatures, causing severe burn injures as the molten substance comes in contact with bare skin.
Our attorneys are active members and leaders of a number of legal committees and associations, as well as educators on topics such as auto product liability and dangerous medical devices. We give every client individual attention and the benefit of our decades of legal experience.
Contact Us for a Case Evaluation
Have you or someone close to you been harmed by a defective product? Please contact us today online or by telephone at 888-335-9457 to speak with an experienced New York product liability law firm. Our law office is conveniently located in a brownstone in Midtown Manhattan located at 113 East 37th Street.