Accounting malpractice occurs when good accounting principles are violated by error, omission or deviation which results in a financial loss for a client. Accountants are obligated to use proper accounting procedures when preparing financial documents for tax returns, business transactions and financial reports. Accountants must be aware of tax laws and current practices which have the most positive financial outcomes from clients. Accountants must listen to the client's desired financial goals and effectuate those.
If a deviation from professional accounting standards has occurred, contact us today online or by telephone at 888-335-9457 to speak with an experienced New York professional negligence law firm. You will talk to one of our patners.
Examples of accountant errors, mismanagement, and advice may be one or more of the following:
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Code of Conduct violations for Certified Public Accountants
- Improper financial disclosures, including worth of a business
- Failure to detect misuse, misappropriation or embezzlement of funds
- Failure to advise of the need for an audit or business evaluation
- Accounting errors leading to tax penalties, losses
- Detecting billing fraud
- Deviations resulting in incorrect reports to shareholders
- Manipulating reports
Contact Us for a Case Evaluation
If you are facing a legal problem involving professional malpractice, please contact us today online or by telephone at 888-335-9457 to speak with a partner at an experienced New York professional malpractice law firm. Our law office is conveniently located in a brownstone in Midtown Manhattan located at 113 East 37 th Street.