New York Construction Accident Attorneys
Advocates Who Understand the Trade & Are Ready to Fight
Construction sites in New York are places that involve physically demanding work in conditions that can be potentially dangerous. In the name of profits and convenience, proper safety is sometimes overlooked or neglected by property owners, contractors, and subcontractors. Unfortunately, this can result in construction accidents that cause serious injuries and wrongful death in the worst cases.
The experienced attorneys at Rheingold, Giuffra, Ruffo & Plotkin LLP, have worked with construction workers in New York for more than 30 years. If you have been injured in a construction accident, or someone you love has been harmed or killed on a construction site, it is in your best interests to speak with an attorney who will provide the help and representation you deserve.
We're ready to stand for the rights and interests of workers. Call us at (888) 260-0473 today.
How Construction Accidents Occur
Construction workers work at great heights, with powerful, complex machinery, and amid countless other potential dangers. Industry regulations are in place to protect these workers, but accidents do occur. Unfortunately, many of these serious mishaps could have been prevented if the negligence of certain parties had not been present.
Construction accidents may involve:
- Scaffolding accidents: Scaffolding can be erected at large heights, and when workers fall from these structures or when scaffolding collapses, it can cause significant and life-altering injuries. In accidents involving mobile scaffold, suspension scaffold, scissor lifts, pipe scaffold and other types of scaffolding, we have helped clients find successful verdicts and settlements for many years.
- Ladder falls, trip-and-falls and falls from heights: You can sue for damages under New York State law if you suffered an injury due to the force of gravity, any sort of fall at a construction site or even if something fell on you.
- Forklift and crane accidents: Such accidents result in back, spinal cord, head and other areas of the body. Construction workers who are operators of forklifts and cranes or who work around such machinery are more vulnerable to these injuries than other types of workers.
- Site debris accidents: Construction sites impeded by construction materials and waste pose a hazard to workers when carrying materials. Injuries from falls can be enough to keep workers from returning to the job. These injuries also may require extensive medical treatment with rehabilitation.
- Electrocution: Electrocutions often are the result of workplaces and building owners not maintaining facilities to code. Electrocutions often result in severe pain, burns and in some instances death.
- Machinery accidents: It is up to employers to properly maintain machinery and make certain all safeguards are in place. The failure to do that results in lacerations, amputations of fingers, hands of limbs and broken bones.
Under the Labor Law, you are owed a safe place to work. In the event you are injured in a construction accident, the New York construction accident attorneys at Rheingold, Giuffra, Ruffo & Plotkin LLP have the experience to help you through this difficult time and to protect your rights.
It takes an experienced lawyer to fully understand all of the laws that are applicable in an accident and what rights a client may have towards compensation. Our firm can help you deal with those who are responsible for your accident in order to get the benefits that you need in the recovery process.
We're ready to offer you a free consultation to get started. Use our online form to request one today.