Stryker Femoral Head LFIT V40 CoCr Hip Implant Injury
New York Product Liability Lawyers - Hip Implant Litigation
Attorneys in New York and New Jersey
Our firm is representing hip implant clients nationwide. Canada has recalled (and Australia has warned about) the LFIT CoCr V40 Stryker femoral heads (Low Friction Ion Treatment Cobalt Chrome, 40 millimeter). In some implants there is excessive wear on the trunnion and the implant fails. Patients experience new pain and instability requiring revision. Orthopedics may currently be thinking that this is "typical" wear but it is not. The implant should last at least ten years, but is lasting for half that time. These heads are used interchangeably in any of Stryker's hip implants. Please note that the failures occur in pre-2011 products.
We aggressively litigate medical device cases based on our firm's experience in the Stryker Rejuvenate/ABGII, DePuy ASR/Pinnacle, Biomet M2a Magnum, and Zimmer Durom Cup hip implant litigations in both state and federal courts.
Actions Stryker is taking:
- Notifying surgeons regarding femoral heads showing early failure
- Asking orthopedic surgeons to contact patients with suspect femoral heads
Symptoms Associated with a Failing Implant:
- Increase of pain in the hip joint
- Soreness after extended exertion
- X-rays or MRI scans showing fluid collection or "pseudotumors"
- Blood tests showing elevated levels of cobalt or chromium
Contact Us for a Case Evaluation
We can discuss with you issues such as:
- How to identify if you have a recalled product
- What are the serum tests being done for metal particle disease, also known as metallosis, cobalt poisoning and chromium poisoning
- Preservation of hip implant hardware as evidence
- What are the litigation and settlement prospects, and how these directly relate to your specific injury