Jeremy Hellman is an associate attorney in the firm's Personal Injury Department. Jeremy handles selected cases that present complex liability issues.
Jeremy has worked exclusively in personal injury plaintiff-side litigation. He has successfully fought against numerous motions to dismiss his client's cases that have ultimately resulted in millions of dollars in recoveries. He enjoys applying creative approaches to analyzing cases and developing a successful case. He is well versed in taking and defending depositions, and has tried numerous contentious cases successfully. Jeremy prefers to personally oversee his client's cases and enjoys developing a close rapport with his clients. He thrives on handling matters all the way from intake through trial. Jeremy is an experienced appellate attorney and has successfully argued appeals in appellate courts.
Due to the ultimate sense of responsibility Jeremy has for his clients' cases, he can often be found contemplating case strategies at all hours of the day or night. His conscientious attention to detail, zealous advocacy for his clients and passion for excellence has made him a strong force for defense counsel and insurance companies to contend with.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Phillipps v. NYCTA, 68 A.D.3d 461 (1st Dept. 2009)
- Yung v. Eager, 51 A.D.3d 638 (2nd Dept. 2008)
- Romero v. Trump, 240 N.Y.L.J. 66 (2008)
- New York, 2007
- New Jersey, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2006
Honors and Awards
- Archibald R. Murray Award for Public Service
- Recipient, Dean's Centennial Fellowship
- President, Jewish Law Students Association
Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- J.D. - May, 2006
Yeshiva University, New York, New York
- B.A. summa cum laude - May, 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association