Hernia Mesh Damages for Victims
Demanding Every Penny in Compensation for the Injured
What damages might you collect in a successful hernia mesh lawsuit or claim? Damages are the amount of money a jury decides a hernia mesh victim is entitled to after receiving a verdict in their favor, and they vary from case to case. Money damages can be calculated in various ways for the suffering you personally experienced.
As a hernia mesh victims, financial sums may be awarded to you for:
- Past pain and suffering, which is calculated by all the negative effects you experienced up until your trial.
- Future pain and suffering determined by the predicted negative effects you will continue to experience after your trial has ended.
- Lost earnings calculated by the amount of time you were out of work due to the hernia mesh failure and how much money you missed out on due to your absence from work.
- Out of pocket expenses, such as money spent on doctor’s visits and various types of other expenses that occurred due to the hernia mesh failure. For example, co-pays, hospital visits, and health insurance bills will be taken into account.
- Punitive damages may be awarded if the defendant’s behavior was egregious or intentional. Such damages are designed to punish the defendant to ensure they will not engage in the same behavior again.
What Damages Can You Get for Your Claim?
Damages are always determined on a case-by-case basis, since no two cases are exactly the same. When determining damages for your claim, your own personal stories and suffering are the most important in order to be assured you will get the money you deserve.
Rheingold Giuffra Ruffo & Plotkin LLP has been litigating hernia mesh cases for more than 10 years and in multiple federal and state litigations. We can work with you as an individual, not a case number, so we can carefully document and calculate your pain, suffering, damages, and any other compensation to which you should be entitled. Call us at (888) 260-0473 or contact us online for more information about our legal services and your options as a hernia mesh victim.