Zimmer Knee Implant Injuries
New York Failed Implant Product Liability Lawyers Representing Victims of Persona & NexGen Knee Failures
Zimmer has released two knee implant models that are currently undergoing investigation due to the large number of problems reported by recipients. These are the Zimmer Persona Knee Implant and the Zimmer NexGen Knee Implant. Numerous parts in both of these models have been recalled, and patients outfitted with the implant are being forced to seek revision surgery much sooner than would be necessary in a well-made implant.
Our firm is investigating claims and numerous adverse event reports made to the FDA arising from Zimmer Persona Knee Implant failures. Contact us today online or by telephone at (888) 260-0473 to speak with a knowledgeable New York defective medical device attorney.
The Zimmer Persona Implant
The Zimmer Persona Trabecular Metal Tibial Plate/Persona TM Tibia Knee was voluntarily recalled for loosening, injury and need for revision surgery. Doctors and patients reported that the tibial bone was not growing into the tibial plate. Our clients with LPS-Flex Zimmer knees experienced loosening which required further surgery.
How Does the Implant Fail? According to the FDA recall:
- Orthopedic surgeons notice "radiolucent lines" which is a way of saying there is an opaque gap in the x-ray between the implant and the leg bone. The gap means no bone has grown where it should have
- loosening and instability in the knee when doing everyday activities
- pain in the knee
- unusual noises
The FDA recall was announced on March 15, 2015. Unused implants were returned to Zimmer.
The Zimmer NexGen Implant
A former medical consultant of Zimmer has made public his report which stated early on that he did not think the construction of the Zimmer NexGen Implant were durable enough to last an implants expected lifespan. His claims now seem to be validated as numerous patients given the implant are coming to doctors mere years after the initial surgery for a revision operation. According to reports, certain components are not secured properly, which is causing the implant to come lose prematurely and causing the patients intense pain.
NexGen models currently being investigated include:
- Zimmer NexGen CR-Flex femoral components
- Zimmer NexGen MIS Tibial components
- Zimmer NexGen LPS-Flex femoral components.
- Zimmer NexGen Complete Knee Solution Legacy® Posterior Stabilized-Flex Femoral Components
- Zimmer NexGen® Complete Knee Solution Cruciate Retaining-Flex Femoral Components
- Zimmer NexGen® Complete Knee Solution Gender Solutions Female LPSFlex
- Zimmer NexGen® Complete Knee Solution CR-Flex Gender SolutionsFemale CR-Flex
- All Zimmer NexGen® MIS Total Knee Procedure Stemmed Tibial Components
Contact Us for a Case Evaluation
If you have ever had a Zimmer Persona or NexGen knee replacement and had surgery or otherwise have been injured as a result of its failure, contact Rheingold Giuffra Ruffo & Plotkin LLP.
We personally handle cases from start to finish. Our litigation team make strategic decisions on the best court to file suit in should there be no pre-trial settlement. This includes considerations about: jurisdiction, fastest path to trial, the presiding judge, damages which can be claimed, convenience for the client, and likelihood of success. We work with our clients to discuss strategy and keep them informed through calls, letters and our website. We also make sure removed hardware is preserved for evidence.
We can protect your legal rights when another party's negligence put you in harm's way. Call (888) 260-0473 now to speak with an experienced New York product liability lawyer.