Hip and Knee Medical Malpractice Attorneys in New York
Product liability lawsuits for prosthetic hips and knees have dominated news headlines in recent years. Yet, clients and even lawyers sometimes forget these cases may involve medical malpractice as well. In addition to handling medical device product liability cases, our firm litigates cases of medical malpractice for hip and knee prosthesis. Even when a client may not have a product liability case against the manufacturer for a defective product, they may have a claim against the implanting doctor and or hospital for negligence.
Contact us today at (888) 260-0473. We're ready to explore your legal options.
Medical Malpractice Prosthesis Complications
We are currently handling cases where a surgeon chose the wrong product size for our client, and a case where a hospital mislabeled a medical prosthesis, both resulting in our clients requiring an additional surgery to have the prostheses removed and exchanged for new devices. We have already successfully handled hundreds of cases involving various hip and knee implants, such as: DePuy Pinnacle, DePuy ASR, Stryker, Zimmer and Biomet.
Common complications in this specific field of medical malpractice include:
- Improper surgical technique or placement
- Wrong products used
- Deep joint infection
- Blood clots during or soon after surgery (deep vein thrombosis, which is when a blood clot forms in the leg after the surgery, or a pulmonary embolism, which is when a blood clot travels to the lungs)
- Weakness and/or stiffness in the new joint
- Loosening of the new joint over time
- Excessive bleeding during surgery
- Fracture of the prosthetic joint due to wear and tear
- Allergic reaction to components in the artificial joint
- Excessive and long-lasting pain from the surgery and the new joint
- Leg length discrepancy
Contact Our New York Medical Malpractice Attorneys Today
If you or your loved one are a current recipient of a hip or knee prosthesis and believe you are suffering complications due to medical malpractice, look no further than Rheingold Giuffra Ruffo & Plotkin LLP. Our team of trusted New York medical malpractice lawyers have been serving the legal needs of people from New York and throughout the nation for over 30 years. We have the skill and resources to represent you in negotiation and litigation in this complex area of law. We handle cases all throughout the New York counties, including Hudson Valley, Albany, Rensselaer, Dutchess, Columbia, Greene, Ulster, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, and Westchester.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our firm today for a free evaluation. Call (888) 260-0473.