Proper maintenance of a building is crucial to the safety of tenants and office employees alike. Building codes must be followed strictly to avoid injury and allow for a safe, accommodating surroundings. Injuries resulting from building code negligence can lead to serious health consequences.
Feel free to give us a call at (888) 260-0473 or contact us online today to speak with experienced New York building accident injury attorneys.
Building Safety Codes
Building owners and operators must adhere to many building codes to ensure protection of those who use the building, whether it be a school, apartment building, business building or restaurant. A properly run building will make sure these standards, to name just a few, are in effect:
- Stairs and elevators must be in safe and working order.
- Boiler rooms in good condition.
- Proper ventilation throughout the building.
- Hallways must have proper light.
- Foundation is maintained to avoid collapse.
- There must be accessible and working fire escapes.
- The building must have fire alarms.
- Windows on high floors need safety guards.
Experienced Assistance Filing a Claim
It takes an experienced lawyer to fully interpret all of the laws that are applicable in a building accident, and what rights a client may have towards compensation. If you believe you or a loved one was injured due to a building that was not properly taken care of, please call us for a free evaluation. Our firm can assist you in dealing with those who are responsible for your accident in order to get the benefits you need in the recovery process.