Medical Malpractice Lawyer in New York City
Decades of Experience; a Legacy of Success
If you have suffered a serious injury or the loss of a loved one due to the negligent actions of a health care professional or facility, you may want to consider filing a medical malpractice claim to seek monetary compensation for the physical and financial hardships you incurred as a result. At Rheingold Giuffra Ruffo & Plotkin LLP, our New York medical malpractice attorneys proudly represent clients nationwide in complex medical negligence cases. We can help you fight to hold negligent medical providers accountable and seek the fair recovery you are owed.
Contact us today at (888) 260-0473 to speak with us during a free, confidential consultation. We're ready to explore your legal options.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
As a patient, you put complete trust into your physician or medical provider. When an injury occurs due to medical negligence, the results can be devastating and permanent. However, while all medical negligence situations are traumatic, not every case is considered malpractice. The legal definition of medical malpractice is when "an action or omission by a healthcare provider, which falls well below the acceptable standard of care that other healthcare providers would have given under the same circumstances, resulting in injury to the patient."
In other words, to prove medical negligence you must be able to prove the following:
- The patient received treatment that breached the lowest expectation for the standard of care
- The inaction or action caused by the medical provider resulted in serious or permanent injury to the patient that wouldn't have occurred otherwise
Examples of Medical Malpractice
At Rheingold Giuffra Ruffo & Plotkin LLP, we have more than three decades of experience in representing injury clients, including those who have been hurt by medical professionals. That is why we have the knowledge and resources to thoroughly pursue your medical malpractice campaign, no matter what circumstances it might entail.
We're prepared to handle claims involving:
- Anesthesia Errors: Often, anesthesia errors are committed not just by anesthesiologists but by an entire collaborative team that includes nurses and doctors, thus potentially increasing an organization’s liability
- Obstetrical Malpractice: Obstetricians may cause birth complications such as brain damage, cerebral palsy, Erb's palsy, shoulder dystocia, or brachial plexus injuries
- Birth Injuries: While most births go smoothly, some have complications. Birth injuries can range from minor, like bruising, to a life-altering diagnosis, such as that of cerebral palsy
- Infant Brain Damage: Many birth injuries are caused by a lack of oxygen to the baby during birth, causing serious brain damage to a child. Lack of oxygen during birth can lead to cerebral palsy and other serious conditions that your child may have to contend with for the rest of his or her life
- Cerebral Palsy: Medical mistakes that lead to cerebral palsy include failure to diagnose, failure to treat maternal infections, failure to treat jaundice, or failure to ensure that the baby has adequate oxygen
- Erb’s Palsy: Erb's palsy is a condition marked by damage to a series of nerves in the neck and shoulder, known as the brachial plexus
- Shoulder Dystocia: Shoulder dystocia is a particular type of dystocia in which the nerves of the baby's shoulder, the brachial plexus, are damaged during childbirth
- Failure to Diagnose Cancer: When doctors fail to run tests that would detect cancer early on, this gives the cancer the chance to metastasize to other parts of the body
- Misread Mammograms: If doctors fail to recognize warnings of cancer in a mammogram test or fail to take appropriate measures when they do, cancerous tissue can grow and spread to the point where it is untreatable
This list is not exhaustive; we also represent victims of dental malpractice, surgical errors, emergency room errors, and many other types of medical malpractice and negligence. At Rheingold Giuffra Ruffo & Plotkin LLP, our New York medical malpractice attorneys have been serving the legal needs of people from New York and throughout the nation for over 40 years. We have the skill and resources to represent you in negotiation and litigation in this complex area of law.
Medical Malpractice Representation Throughout New York & the Nation
Queens County Medical Malpractice Litigation
- The borough of Queens is a large county containing many hospitals ready to serve patients. Unfortunately, the hospitals and doctors in Queens do not always have the best reputation. Medical negligence can cause many serious injuries. The attorneys at Rheingold Giuffra Ruffo & Plotkin LLP have extensive experience in the field of medical malpractice and can help resolve/settle your case.
Brooklyn Medical Malpractice Litigation
- Brooklyn is also a very large county with many diverse people and vibrant locations. Unfortunately, the hospitals and doctors in Brooklyn do not always have the best reputation. Our firm has an active medical negligence practice in Brooklyn. We are very familiar with the special judges who are assigned medical malpractice cases. We know how to move a case as quickly as possible to trial if the defendants are not offering fair settlements. Alternatively, we also know how to fast-track settlements by using judges, mediators and court settlement conferences in Brooklyn.
In addition to representing victims of medical malpractice in New York City, we fight for injured individuals and their families throughout the state and across the nation.
No matter what your circumstances are, our firm is ready to hear you medical malpractice story. Request a free case evaluation with us today.
Auto Accident $2,750,000
Biopsy Resulting In Blindness $2,500,000
Birth Injury $1,000,000
Brain Damage $12,000,000
Brain Damage of Infant $1,000,000
Brain Damage of Infant $2,100,000
Cancer Misdiagnosis $2,500,000
Cardiovascular Injury $2,200,000
Cataract Surgery Complication $1,700,000
Child's Hand Injury $9,000,000