Medical professionals have always faced a challenge in consistently prescribing
and dispensing the correct medications in the correct amount. Now, with
shorter patient visits and a smaller medical staff, fewer people are responsible
for providing drugs in less time. The result? An increased risk of injuries and
wrongful death through medication errors.
At the New York City personal injury law firm of
Rheingold Giuffra Ruffo & Plotkin LLP we are highly qualified for and experienced in handling medication error
legal claims. We've recovered millions of dollars for our clients over
the last 30+ years and know what it takes to secure results and peace
of mind for our clients.
Want to learn more about how we can help? Call us at (888) 260-0473 today.
Our Experience with These Claims
Many firms claim that they can "take on" medical malpractice
claims, but few truly have the experience and resources needed to navigate
this complex and highly technical branch of the law. Our firm has handled
countless malpractice claims—including dozens of medication error
matters that endangered the well-being of our clients.
We have handled cases involving:
- The dispensing of an incorrect drug that has a name similar to the correct one
- The misplacing of a decimal point (so that, for instance, a patient receives
12 grams of a drug instead of 1.2 grams)
- A doctor's poor handwriting
- Pharmacists' carelessness
- The incorrect transcription or interpretation of prescription information
- Any mistake or careless negligence that leads to a dangerous overdose of
- The prescribing of a drug that has a known interaction with another drug
the patient is taking
Why Choose Our Firm?
Our law firm practices in the general area of personal injury but, unlike
many firms, we have a long-standing focus on medical malpractice law.
We regularly work with medical experts to substantiate our clients' claims
and ensure that any wrongdoing that has occurred to them is vividly put forth.
Our credentials and involvements include:
- Hundreds of medical malpractice cases handled
- Dozens of seven-figure settlement and jury awards in medical malpractice
cases, including $9 million, $7.5 million, $6.4 and $4.1 million awards
Additionally, our New York medication error attorneys are firmly committed
to the area of medical malpractice. Our team includes authors and lecturers
regarding medical malpractice and an attorney included on the New York
medical malpractice Super Lawyers list.
Also, our team includes attorneys who have served or currently serve in
the capacities of:
- Member of the national steering committee in the NuvaRing litigation
- National officer of the American Association for Justice
- Chairman of the Medical Malpractice Committee of the New York State Bar
- Chair of the Medical Malpractice Committee of the Bar Association for the
City of New York
If you believe that you or a loved one suffered from a preventable medication
error, our New York medication error lawyers are ready to hear from you.
We often work on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients
owe us nothing until we recover them the compensation they deserve.
Don't hesitate to take action. Request a
free case evaluation today.