New York Transvaginal Mesh Attorneys
Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuits
Transvaginal Mesh is a medical device designed to aid people who are recovering from Transvaginal Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP) surgery and Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) surgery. Defects, however, have caused patients to suffer infections, internal organ damage and other serious complications including vaginal wall erosion and mesh contraction which can twist internal organs causing tremendous amounts of pain and discomfort.
The FDA has issued a statement saying, " serious complications associated with surgical mesh for transvaginal repair of POP are not rare. "
If you or someone close to you has suffered due to the implantation of this device, the experienced medical device recall attorneys at Rheingold Giuffra Ruffo & Plotkin LLP are here to stand up for your rights. If you would prefer to speak with a female attorney, please ask for Sherri Plotkin who is a partner.
At Rheingold Giuffra Ruffo & Plotkin LLP, we help people who have been injured by faulty medical devices, including the Transvaginal Mesh.
Serving Clients Across the Country
Problems Associated with Transvaginal Mesh
Implantation of this device has been linked the following problems:
- Mesh erosion is the most common problem associated with transvaginal repair of POP and SUI surgeries. Multiple painful surgeries are often required and don't always solve the problem.
- The mesh can erode into the vagina, bladder, intestines and uterus.
- Wall erosion can lead to infection, which can lead to serious complications and even death.
- Men may experience irritation and pain during sex when the exposed mesh contacts his penis after vaginal wall erosion.
- Mesh Contraction has recently been associated with Transvaginal Mesh which can lead to vaginal shortening, tightening and immense amounts of discomfort and pain.
Other Problems and Symptoms
- Scar tissue formation can often be painful and debilitating. Unfortunately this often does not go away and can lead to a permanent disability and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Pelvic pain, development of urinary retention and urinary incontinence, dyspareunia, neuropathic pain, fistulas and recurrence of prolapsed organs have all been reported by Transvaginal Mesh patients. These complications significantly decrease the quality of life many patients once enjoyed.
- There is no evidence that transvaginal repair to support the top of the vagina (apical repair) or the back wall of the vagina (posterior repair) with mesh provides any added benefit compared to traditional surgery without mesh.
- While transvaginal surgical repair to correct weakened tissue between the bladder and vagina (anterior repair) with mesh augmentation may provide an anatomic benefit compared to traditional POP repair without mesh, this anatomic benefit may not result in better symptomatic results.
The complications associated with the use of surgical mesh for POP repair have not been linked to a single brand of mesh, and all are coming under increased scrutiny by the FDA.
Manufacturers of Transvaginal Mesh
- Boston Scientific
- C.R. Bard, Inc.
- Gynecare/Johnson & Johnson
Auto Accident $2,750,000
Biopsy Resulting In Blindness $2,500,000
Birth Injury $1,000,000
Brain Damage $12,000,000
Brain Damage of Infant $1,000,000
Brain Damage of Infant $2,100,000
Cancer Misdiagnosis $2,500,000
Cardiovascular Injury $2,200,000
Cataract Surgery Complication $1,700,000
Child's Hand Injury $9,000,000