The value of a Covidien hernia mesh lawsuit varies on a case-to-case basis and is determined by weighing a number of factors.
These factors include, but are not limited to:
- The extent of the suffered injuries/damages
- The severity of the device defect
- The cost of revision surgery
- The cost of additional medical bills
- Whether you will need ongoing medical care
- Whether you have suffered scarring or a permanent disability
- The value of miscellaneous costs like childcare and domestic help
- Any loss of incoming or earning capacity directly resulting from the Covidien defect
The case law and statutes pertaining to product liability claims are complex, so you will want an experienced, specialized attorney to assist you throughout the process.